If cookies are not enabled (switched off) on your computer, it will mean that your browsing experience on our website will be limited and some of the pages (such as feedback forms) may not work. We respect your choice which is entirely up to you whether you choose to enable cookies or not.
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
| || |
For PCs - check cookies are enabled
| Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10 (and earlier versions 6.0, 7.0, 8.0) || |
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
| Mozilla Firefox || |
Click the menu button
and choose .
Select the panel.
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Check the mark Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
| Google Chrome || |
- On your computer, open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right, click the Menu
- Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
- Under "Cookies", click All cookies and site data.
- To delete all cookies, click Remove all.
- To delete a specific cookie, hover over a site, then click the
that appears to the right.
| Safari || |
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Privacy', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
| || For Macs - check cookies are enabled || |
| Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX || |
- Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
| Safari on OSX || |
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
| Mozilla and Netscape on OSX || |
Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
| Opera || |
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
- Then select 'Accept cookies' option
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
When you visit our website you may notice some cookies that are not related to Leicesters Hospitals. When you visit a page that contains embedded content, for example from Vimeo or YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
More information about cookies